As winter has totally kicked in, many of us will be left with dry, lifeless hair brought on by cold weather and central heating. Eating key nutrients will reward you with glossy, healthy tresses…
1. Boost Your B Vitamins! Biotin (B7) is required to produce keratin – the major component of our hair. Eat almonds, walnuts, whole grains and egg yolks for stronger growth.
2. Niacin (B3) increases blood flow to the scalp to deliver vital nutrients to the hair follicles, resulting in thicker hair. Eat fish, chicken and turkey.
3. Pro-vitamin B5 nourishes the hair to prevent dryness, greying and hair loss. Eat mushrooms, egg yolks, cauliflower and yoghurt.
4. Silica is a key mineral that strengthens, thickens and combats dull hair – found in cucumbers, lettuce and beer!
5. Omega 3 & 6 Essential Fatty Acids, found in walnuts and oily fish, eg. salmon and mackerel, are powerful antioxidants that combat dryness and create uber glossy condition.
Talk to your stylist at our hair salon in Croydon about our professional hair supplements, which supply the correct daily vitamins and minerals for ultra shiny hair.